What is Pro Yellow Laser?
The German-engineered Pro Yellow Laser is an improved version of the commonly used Dual Yellow/Combination laser at some clinics. Due to its unique wavelength of 577nm, the Pro Yellow laser represents the gold standard for vascular treatments such as vascular lesion removal and vascular laser for rosacea and epidermal pigmentation treatments such as depigmentation of the skin. Its ability to target both pigmentation and underlying vessels for long-lasting results is one of the reasons why this laser is a popular aesthetic tool used by doctors.
Since it is applied at a precise wavelength of 577 nm, Pro Yellow Laser is a safe option for treating several facial skin conditions like acne marks, rosacea, pigmentation, facial veins, and uneven skin textures. However, it must be noted that results are manifested gradually, with skin emerging clearer, more even-textured, and younger-looking too.
The Pro Yellow Difference
The main differences between the Pro Yellow and other skin rejuvenation lasers are the wavelength and the available pulse duration adjustments of each desired wavelength. In other words, different laser wavelengths (colours of light) target different skin issues, providing the physician can match the proper wavelength with the proper pulse durations to achieve the desired clinical endpoint without affecting the surrounding tissue.
Traditionally, the most commonly used laser wavelength for the treatment of pigmented lesions (such as sunspots & age spots) and vascular lesions (or unsightly veins) has been the 532nm laser, or green laser light.
Green lasers provide very good results in skin types I to III (fairer skin tone), but 532nm is no longer the ideal wavelength (or colour) for targeting vascular lesions for skin types IV and V (darker skin tone).
The industry’s first 577nm pure yellow laser for skin rejuvenation provides the best absorption when treating blood vessels. Compared to the standard green wavelength (532nm), the yellow wavelength can produce 40% higher absorption in the blood. This translates to less required power during treatment, which in turn provides several significant advantages, including:
- Minimal risk of side effects, such as burns or pigmentation change
- Ability to treat vascular lesions at much lower power than 532nm lasers
- Ability to safely treat darker skin types, which is not typical for 532nm lasers
- Ability to provide fractional laser scanning for rejuvenation on all skin type.
- Ability to provide fractional laser scanning for rosacea on all skin type.
- Ability to safely treat vascular lesions on skin types I to IV
- Ability to simultaneously treat both the VEGF and mid to epidermal melasma
- Ability to safely treat pigmented lesions on all skin type
The majority of visible unwanted skin spots, discoloration or redness (blood vessels), are rooted in a deeper vascular network of veins that that extend beyond the treatable depth of traditional green (532nm) lasers. Not addressing these areas can result in recurrence and the inability to effectively treat deeper pigmented and vascular issues.
The Pro Yellow laser penetrates deeper than standard green lasers, simultaneously addressing both visible lesions and underlying vessels. This also allows for safe treatment of a wider variety of indications for both light and dark skin types.
A Wide Variety of Treatment Options
Vascular lesions are caused by small, dilated capillaries. They can appear as red spots, or visible threads on the skin. The Pro Yellow laser can readily treat think by shrinking the vessels with its yellow light, with no damage to the capillaries.
- Facial/nose veins and blood vessels – the ProYellow Laser has the highest rate of absorption in red blood cells compared to any other lasers. This results in the reduction of unsightly veins or blood vessels on the face, especially common on the cheeks and nose.
- Redness and rosacea – Redness and rosacea are caused by dilated (bigger in size) blood vessels. The ProYellow laser effectively reduces the size/or completely eliminates these blood vessels, therefore resulting in reduced redness and a more even complexion.
- Red marks after acne – These red marks are also known as PIE (Post- inflammatory Erythema) or Erythema post-acne. The red marks formed due to increased blood circulation at badly-inflamed areas such as moderate to severe acne and persist even after the acne heals. The ProYellow laser can very effectively reduce these red marks by reducing the blood vessels in these areas.
- Cherry angiomas, Telangiectasia, etc.
Pigmentation & Skin Rejuvenation
The ProYellow laser is the first laser that offers two options for treating pigmentation and skin rejuvenation. The scanner handpiece for larger areas and more diffused pigmentation, and the individual spot handpiece for targeted lesions/spots.
- Pigmentation such as melasma, sun/age spots, freckles – Due to its unique wavelength, the energy from the ProYellow laser is absorbed by both melanin (pigments) and the underlying blood vessels. This results in breakdown of pigments and at the same time, reduces the blood supply to the skin cells that produce these pigments. This will prevent these skin cells from producing pigments and ensure longer-lasting results.
- Skin rejuvenation – Apart from reducing redness and pigmentation, the ProYellow laser’s energy is also absorbed into the dermis (skin layer) to treat and improve the skin’s support structure. Skin will look brighter and feel tighter with just one treatment.
Doctor’s Advice & Recommendation
The Yellow laser is an effective wavelength for treating pigmented lesions, as it has the ability to target both the pigment and underlying vessels for long-lasting results. A yellow laser beam also acts as the laser treatment for acne is directed at the face, which destroys the Propionibacterium acne bacteria and shrinks the sebaceous gland to reduce the production of sebum. The yellow light also promotes collagen growth and reduces small red blood vessels. This resulting an overall tightening, firming and rejuvenating effect on skin.
I have devised various of protocols for different conditions. By using a combination of different wavelength lasers, I am able to treat and improve the efficacy of the condition. The results can also been seen longer lasting.