Enlarged Pores Causes & Treatments
What Causes Enlarged Pores
A very common complaint during times of hot and humid weather is enlarged pores and they are typically more obvious on the nose and cheeks. The size of your pores generally increases with age. If you have a genetic predisposition to excessive sebum production, you will experience oily skin and have bigger pores. With excess skin surface oil and inadequate exfoliation, dead skin cells accumulate inside the pores, making the pores appear even larger. The consequence of these oil plugs is more whiteheads (closed comedones), blackheads (open comedones), and pimples. Individuals with large/open pores, their skin tend to appear dull, lifeless and aged without treatments.
How to Minimize Large Open Pores with Treatment?
My approach to enlarged open pores treatment is a combination of laser rejuvenation, laser toning, gentle skin resurfacing lasers and Intense Pulse Light. As this treatment is safe and comfortable, you will not experience any pain nor downtime during the course of treatment. It can also be done as a lunchtime procedure and continue your usual activities without interruption.
Aside from laser treatment, it is also important to invest time and effort in your daily skin care regimen.
1. Select water-based skin care products instead of oil-based, to keep your skin unclogged.
2. Cleanse your with gentle facial soap and gently exfoliate your skin at least once or twice per week.
3. Apply broad-spectrum sunscreen with a minimum of SPF 30 everyday.
4. Remove your make up before bed, because leaving your make up overnight can clog your pores
5. Avoid food that are high in sugar and fat and eat more balanced diet such as fruits and vegetables
Fix an appointment for a consultation with our doctors today!
TREATMENTS TO REDUCE LARGE PORES