Rosacea is a chronic skin condition characterized by facial redness, small and superficial dilated blood vessels on facial skin, papules, pustules, and swelling. Rosacea affects all ages and has four subtypes, three affecting the skin and the fourth affecting the eyes. Left untreated, it worsens over time.
Rosacea typically begins as redness on the central face across the cheeks, nose, or forehead, but can also less commonly affect the neck, chest, ears, and scalp. In some cases, additional symptoms, such as semi-permanent redness, telangiectasia (dilation of superficial blood vessels on the face), red domed papules (small bumps), pustules, red gritty eyes, burning and stinging sensations. In some advanced cases, a red lobulated nose may develop.
Symptoms of Rosacea are:
• Red areas on your face
• Small, red bumps or pustules on your nose, cheeks, forehead and chin (but not the same as whiteheads or blackheads)
• Visible small blood vessels on your nose and cheeks (telangiectasia)
• Burning or gritty sensation in your eyes (ocular rosacea)
• Tendency to flush or blush easily
• Red, bulbous nose (rhinophyma)
Rosacea usually appears in phases:
• Pre-Rosacea. Rosacea may begin as a simple tendency to flush or blush easily, and then progress to a persistent redness in the central portion of your face, particularly your nose. This redness results from the dilation of blood vessels close to your skin’s surface. This phase may sometimes be referred to as pre-rosacea.
• Vascular Rosacea. As signs and symptoms worsen, vascular rosacea may develop — small blood vessels on your nose and cheeks swell and become visible (telangiectasia). Your skin may become overly sensitive. Vascular rosacea may also be accompanied by oily skin and dandruff.
• Inflammatory Rosacea. Small, red bumps or pustules may appear and persist, spreading across your nose, cheeks, forehead and chin. This is sometimes known as inflammatory rosacea.
My Solutions for Rosacea
Using a unique combination of lasers and intense pulsed light . The treatment is minimally invasive and personally customised to suit every individual need.